OK – the Yellow Pages are long gone. Businesses have had to make a lot of changes to keep up with the changing methods of marketing using the internet. There are tools available now that just weren’t around 10 years ago , even 5 years ago in some cases.
So if you are a Service Professional, what are some of the important internet based or “digital” tools that are needed to be utilised in a business today?
- A Digital Footprint – is essential. You must be able to be found on the web.
If a prospect meets you and are interested in your business, they must be able to search for your business and find you. If this is not the case, the prospect will go to another business and you’ve lost the business.
A website is really important, this is your on-line brochure but there are other ways of building a digital footprint so you can be found. Social media, article writing, registering with Google and online business directories are just some ways.
- Customer Relationship Management tool – CRM – this is a digital record of your clients, connections and prospects. There are free or paid versions. These CRMs build a record of your “touch”points with your audience – social media, emails, phone numbers, etc.
- Email Management tools – here you can send out group emails – they are easy to format and you will be able to send out newsletters to groups – these look good and are easy for you to send to many just in one email.
- Online assistance – there are many ways of accessing online help which are both inexpensive and very useful. You can get help with all sorts of tasks and all over the web.
- Websites – having a website is a credibility builder and a place for prospects to see if your business can help them. This is where branding makes a huge impact, especially, if you are a serviced based business.
If you don’t want to spend money on a website, Google offer a free option that has many options similar to fully developed sites. Worth having a look.
- Blogs – writing articles displays you as an expert in your field – writing articles, having your own blog or adding to online magazines are a great way of increasing your digital footprint plus displaying you as an expert.
- Video – video is another way to display you as an expert in your field – creating smart phone video and uploading into social media platforms is an easy way to build a following and get your message out there.
- Social Media – there are over 300 Social Media platforms – choose the platforms where your Target market are – you just need maybe 1 or 2 and no more than 5 – by uploading your video and blogs as well as posting will enable you to build a Digital Footprint and prospects will be able to find you.
- Google Analytics – is important – this is attached to your website – this is important as you can get some metrics about where your contacts are looking, where they are from, how long they stay on your website, etc.
Many find it difficult and overwhelming to know where to start. Spend the time to understand Digital marketing and how to increase your Digital footprint, get to understand the tools as well as implement a marketing system to keep up to date with these tasks. The return will be worth it! With a bit of help, it may be easier than you think!!
Adrienne McLean, a Marketing and Communication Strategist, helps professionals to get more clients and move forward. Ring Adrienne McLean on 0414 367 960 or email on email@example.com for more details.