Taking massive action is what provides results.
For executing marketing strategies to promote and connect your business with prospects, constant, regular and major action is required to raise the profile of your business .
It is easy to fall into the cycle of perfectionism and put off doing the important tasks that will deliver results. Going into the self doubt pit and going around and around in circles.
Your offering doesn’t need to be perfect – it does need to deliver. Since you are an expert in your field, your programs will deliver but the fine tweeking can be left until perhaps the program is tested and you get some customer feedback. Perhaps, the feedback will be excellent and you don’t need to the tweeking anyway?! Have you thought of that?
Here are the top ten items to work through when you have identified your action list:
- Limit the number and be selective with the tasks.
- Think about resources – have you got the skills to be able to achieve the goals
- Workout a timeline of when you want the task completed so you can finish the task in a timely manner
- Quit being a perfectionist!
- Commit yourself, your time and focus on what needs to be done. Really committing to the task is essential.
- Know your purpose with the task and connect this with your end vision.
- Enjoy the journey, learn a lot and make it a positive experience
- Keep track of your progress
- Celebrate your victories and how far you’ve come!
- Assess at the end of the time allocated, if it is achievable and what you want.
There is a real sense of achievement when you get the tasks done and you see the benefits of the work. Making progress is the journey of building a business. Just do the work!
Adrienne McLean is a BookYourselfSolid marketing coach who helps business owners to achieve their goals and keep them focused on achieving their goals. Adrienne offers BookYourselfSolid online and in person workshop as well as mentoring. You can contact Adrienne on firstname.lastname@example.org or ring on 0414 367 960.
Photo is courtesy of Shutterstock