The days between Christmas and New Year are a great time to take a bit of time out to decide what you want out of the next year.
2020 has shown us that upheavals happen. Expect the unexpected!
However, we can still move forward, with intention about what we want to achieve. Starting the year with intentions helps, goal setting and imagining what we’re wanting from the year.Of course, New Years Resolutions have the reputation for not being achieved.
However, think about your intentions, what you are wanting to achieve, accountability partners really help, if you’re wanting these things, how can you make them happen?
I’m a fan of the incredible writer and author , Steven Pressfield. Steven’s books , The War on Art and Turning Pro are simply essential reading for any entrepreneur, artist or writer. Anyone who is being creative, finds they are facing time when they are not getting done the things they should or are procrastinating and wants more, needs to read these two books. You can hear the audible version on YouTube – Turning Pro – Audiobook spoken by Steven Pressfield
In your role as an entrepreneur, you are a leader, you are forging new ground, facing things outside of your comfort zone. You are needing to experience learning experiences which might make you uncomfortable or cause you to procrastinate. You may be getting fearful of what may (or may not) happen. Here’s Simon Sinek speaking on the topic of “How to get people to follow you” Leadership is an important skill.
Take some time out during this quieter time. Ask yourself –
What are my intentions for 2021?
What do you want to achieve in the next 90days, 180 days, year, 3 years ?
How are you going to do this?
You’ve got this!
I’ve a suite of tools to help with goal setting, continuous improvement, systems and growth. If you’d like to have a chat email me on email@example.com
Networking functions help Service Professionals to build their audience, grow their skills and connect with other businesses to build opportunities to refer.
Networking helps to raise your profile, make connections and have you talk about what you do. All the important parts that go together to build a reputation.
- meeting with people one-on-one,
- sending personalised emails
- attending networking functions
- building an online community
Things to think about:
🔆 Your brand and your reputation are very closely aligned. Nurture your reputation and build your brand.
🔆 Networking is one of the parts that go along the business development process and how important it is to keep in contact with your audience.
🔆 It takes anywhere from 5 to 15 touch points to make a sale so Service Professionals need to be keeping in touch with their audience. When you network face to face with someone or pick up the phone and have a constructive conversation, these are useful touch points in the process of building trust.
The focus of The Speakers Practice is to help Service Professionals with navigating the business development journey and building confidence with strong presentations and going out to promote themselves.
This is not always as easy as it seems.
Adrienne McLean is a BookYourselfSolid® Certified Coach, SpeakersTrainingCamp® Internationally Accredited Instructor and the Principle of The Speakers Practice. Offering marketing discovery audits, online training programs, Public Speaking for Professionals, Effective On-Camera Presenting workshop and much more.
Email on firstname.lastname@example.org or ring on 0414 367 960
Professionals are highly skilled ,however, the business side ie the marketing, sales, delivering presentations, asking for the sale, the world of digital marketing & online tools to help business is where Professionals need assistance.
The Adrienne McLean.com Membership site is growing a community of Service Professionals who are needing assistance with business development, marketing, sales, digital marketing, mindset and the tools for running a business in the 21st century.
There is an annual conference, the Professional Services Marketing Conference, where specialists in various business development disciplines deliver quality presentations with information for Service Professionals. Whether you are a Business Owner, Business Development Manager , Marketing Manager or a Sales Manager, this conference is designed to take you along the business development journey through marketing, digital marketing, sales and mindset.
OK – the Yellow Pages are long gone. Businesses have had to make a lot of changes to keep up with the changing methods of marketing using the internet. There are tools available now that just weren’t around 10 years ago , even 5 years ago in some cases.
So if you are a Service Professional, what are some of the important internet based or “digital” tools that are needed to be utilised in a business today?
- A Digital Footprint – is essential. You must be able to be found on the web.
If a prospect meets you and are interested in your business, they must be able to search for your business and find you. If this is not the case, the prospect will go to another business and you’ve lost the business.
A website is really important, this is your on-line brochure but there are other ways of building a digital footprint so you can be found. Social media, article writing, registering with Google and online business directories are just some ways.
- Customer Relationship Management tool – CRM – this is a digital record of your clients, connections and prospects. There are free or paid versions. These CRMs build a record of your “touch”points with your audience – social media, emails, phone numbers, etc.
- Email Management tools – here you can send out group emails – they are easy to format and you will be able to send out newsletters to groups – these look good and are easy for you to send to many just in one email.
- Online assistance – there are many ways of accessing online help which are both inexpensive and very useful. You can get help with all sorts of tasks and all over the web.
- Websites – having a website is a credibility builder and a place for prospects to see if your business can help them. This is where branding makes a huge impact, especially, if you are a serviced based business. If you don’t want to spend money on a website, Google offer a free option that has many options similar to fully developed sites. Worth having a look.
- Blogs – writing articles displays you as an expert in your field – writing articles, having your own blog or adding to online magazines are a great way of increasing your digital footprint plus displaying you as an expert.
- Video – video is another way to display you as an expert in your field – creating smart phone video and uploading into social media platforms is an easy way to build a following and get your message out there.
- Social Media – there are over 300 Social Media platforms – choose the platforms where your Target market are – you just need maybe 1 or 2 and no more than 5 – by uploading your video and blogs as well as posting will enable you to build a Digital Footprint and prospects will be able to find you.
- Google Analytics – is important – this is attached to your website – this is important as you can get some metrics about where your contacts are looking, where they are from, how long they stay on your website, etc.
- A Digital Footprint – is essential. You must be able to be found on the web.
Many find it difficult and overwhelming to know where to start. Spend the time to understand Digital marketing and how to increase your Digital footprint, get to understand the tools as well as implement a marketing system to keep up to date with these tasks. The return will be worth it! With a bit of help, it may be easier than you think!!
Adrienne McLean, a Marketing and Communication Strategist, helps professionals to get more clients and move forward. Ring Adrienne McLean on 0414 367 960 or email on email@example.com for more details.
“My products and services suit everyone!”
This may be absolutely true – but where do you do your marketing?
If you don’t have a tight Target Market, your marketing efforts are watered down and you really don’t know where to do your marketing to maximise the return.
There are 3 very important reasons to choose a very specific Target Market.
- You will know where to find potential clients
- They will know that you are committed to serving them
- You can tap into established networks of communication
By having a specific Target Market , it makes knowing where to network so much easier. You will start to see the same people at different functions and you will to get to know them. Then, friendships and trust are developed so when they need your service/product or they know someone who does, they can refer you.
Knowing that you serve a specific Target Market, makes the individual needing your service feel that you understand their problems and needs. It makes the wording of your marketing material easier because you can focus on these needs and concerns as if you are speaking directly to them.
Target markets have their established networks of communication, they talk amongst each other and so you can get referrals much easier. Others will be talking about your good work.
Sit down and have a think about your Target Market ! It’s in your best interests.Adrienne McLean, a Marketing and Communication Strategist, helps professionals to get more clients and move forward. Ring Adrienne McLean on 0414 367 960 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
In January 2019, Adrienne McLean spoke at the Community of Practice – Women in Business for Ryde City Council. This is a women’s business group – Adrienne spoke on the business development process following the BookYourselfSolid® business building approach. This presentation is available to business groups and networking functions.
This is a cost effective way to explore marketing and is run. Program costs $400 + GST for individuals at a agreed time or $250 + GST per person for the 5 week course for groups on Monday evenings starting at 7.30pm to 9pm using Skype.
5. Get Better at Marketing – this program guides you through each step of the “BookYourselfSolid” marketing system along with building confidence to promote yourself. With a structured program, you will build your marketing effectiveness and get more clients.
6. Advanced Marketing Skills – this program is a continuation of the Get Better at Marketing – builds the skills associated with raising your profile and connecting with your audience both digitally and in person.
7. Making Things Happen – this is our mentoring program. An individualised program to “Make Things Happen”. By using the framework of the BookYourselfSolid marketing system and continuous improvement approaches, individualised programs are developed to help you get more clients and become more productive.
8. Marketing Plan Masterclass – this program goes through the Australian government Marketing plan and explains each segment. Attendees work on preparing a marketing plan for their business.
Our rates are:
Individualised hourly rate – $125 + GST
Mentoring 4 hours per month – $500 + GST
Daily rate – $750 + GST
Getting involved with the community is important. It raises your profile and displays you as a leader who sees the significance of giving back.
Here’s the 2019 Lions Club Youth of the Year award – in attendance was the Ku-ring-gai Mayor Jennifer Anderson, St Ives Lions club organisers and the four judges. Adrienne McLean was chief judge helping with the running of the judging process. Meeting the amazing students and future leaders was an honour.
Adrienne McLean holds every 4th Thursday of the month the Professional Services Information Forum – Hornsby. This is for Business Owners, Professionals to connect, find out information on business development, marketing, sales and mindset as well as have some accountability. At this group, Professionals meet Professionals and business is realised due to the monthly connections made as well as understanding each others businesses so when the time is right, business can be done.
Adrienne is involved with many community associations including being on the board of Triple H 100.1FM, the voice of the Hornsby Ku-ring-gai community. Adrienne helps with the management of the station, raises the profile and is a co-host of the popular Monday Focus – Triple H 100.1FM where Adrienne and her cohost Greg Smith interview local community leaders, politicians, charities, community clubs, and the general public. Local issues are raised, the amazing activities happening in the Hornsby Ku-ring-gai community are identified.
Adrienne has been a judge and chief judge for the Lions Club Youth of the Year award since 2010. This Lions Club initiative gives Year 11 and Year 12 leaders at their school opportunities to be recognised for their leadership roles. Having gone through the intense Youth of the Year award process, a 30 – 45 minute interview and Public Speaking evening event, this can go onto the applicant’s resume and be recognised as a leader within their community.
In 2018, Adrienne was a volunteer on the Turramurra Rotary – Jumbo Joy Flight. This initiative gives disadvantaged families and disabled families a 90 minute flight on a QANTAS Jumbo Jet. The flight staff donate their time to give these children, who may never have experienced a flight, an experience the children, families, parents and volunteers never forget. This Rotary initiative has been going since 1974.
Since November 2016, Adrienne has been a regular participant at the Turramurra Trotters. Attending each Saturday morning at 6.15am and going for a 7km walk. There are Ultra Marathon Runners, Marathon Runners, Running enthusiasts, Cyclists and Walkers. By regularly turning up and walking , as Adrienne enjoys, fitness levels increase and connection with the community increases too. The coffee after the exercise session is a must !
Being a carer for 11 years, Adrienne has a presentation “Carers and our Society”. Adrienne delivers her overview of her family’s experience of having her father as a part of their family unit. Being apart of the Sandwich generation had learnings and accessing resources available are essential. If you are looking for a presentation on having three generations living together, caring for the parents, contact Adrienne for more details.
Being a members of Toastmasters International and ST ives Toastmasters since 2002 has been a life changing experience. This organisation helps raise confidence in public speaking and leadership skills. Adrienne has gone through the training and holds a Distinguished Toastmaster award.
For more details – contact Adrienne McLean on 0414 367 960 or email email@example.com
The ability to have sales conversations is really vital for all business owners. Confidently being able to have a conversation with the air in the room being comfortable and not “salesy” is essential.
The skills associated with well executed sales conversations do need experience and need to be said with a level of confidence. The key is you can only make sales offers that are proportionate with the amount of trust earnt.
This training gives the following:
1. Let Go of Limiting Beliefs and Say it with Confidence
2. Follow the BookYourselfSolid Paradigm of Sales
3. Learn the 4 Part Formula to a successful Sales Conversation
4. You learn the steps for not being a sleazy sales person and learn to be a valued, trusted resource.
Do you need video for your website?
Are you keen to learn more skills about presenting to a camera?
Do you want to maximise your impact on a video?
The Speakers Practice is pleased to offer the Presentation and Video program assisting Businesses to create professional quality video to connect with your customer.
This is a two step process so we can enable the presenter to deliver a high quality video performance.
In our “Effective On-Camera Presenting Skills” program, our guest trainer Tim Stackpool and Adrienne McLean will guide you through training to assist you to become comfortable to present in front of a camera. You go through one on one training and practice your presentation for maximum impact.
Our “Connect with Your Audience by Video “ program will guide you to create a Professional Quality Video you will be proud to represent your business on your website or YouTube channel.
What do our clients say about The Speakers Practice Presentation and Video Workshop?